Saturday 11 August 2012

Week 4 - Working with Images

Hi guys :)
So Week 4 saw us exploring Group 2 of the digital tools for this course. In our tutorial we were stepped through how to resize images so they can be successfully uploaded to the web. I had never really thought about the whole process of having to resize images before, because the times when I have used images in websites or wikis they have been straight from Google and already resized by the original person who uploaded the photo onto the web!
When I was taught how to look at the dimensions of a photo by the wonderful Carike, I quickly realised however that if I was to try and upload an original photo taken on my Nikon camera (WITHOUT resizing it) it would not end well!
Below is a photo that was taken of my lovely man Peter and I at our engagement party earlier this year. In its original form the photo's dimensions were a wopping 4288 x 2844. I was then able to resize the image using a free online photo resizing program called Mobaphoto. This program was incredibly quick to download and very easy to use. With a click of a button I was able to upload my photo into the program and then choose for it to be resized to the appropriate dimensions for being put online. The result of resizing was that the dimensions were reduced to 640 x 425. Now that's a significant change in size!
Here is the final resized photo:

No comments:

Post a Comment